It’s no surprise to hear that Wake Forest is experiencing rapid expansion. Just a short drive around town will show you all the buildings and roads currently under construction; people want to live and work here!
The Wake Forest Gazette has compiled a list of all upcoming residential and commercial real estate projects currently under review by the Wake Forest Planning Department. Notable projects to keep an eye on include:
- Wake Union Church Road: a new project calling for 193,000 square feet pf commercial, 300 apartment units, and 89 townhouse lots on Wake Union Church Road.
- Gateway Commons Lot 10: a plan for a 9,500-square-foot office building.
- Mavis Tire: new to the list and is a vehicle service station on Crenshaw Corners Drive.
- Traditions Grande Care Facility: on Gilcrest Farm Road between Del Webb at Traditions and Hawthorne at Traditions will be a residential care facility with 119 beds.
- Heritage Corner: in the northwest corner of South Franklin Street and Rogers Road across from Sheetz will be two two-story buildings with commercial uses in the first story and office space in the second story.
- Sonny’s Car Wash: a 4,164-square-foot building on Forestville Road.
- Infrastructure plans: only listed for Kinsley and include the widening of North Main Street, an off-site waterline extension and extending the Richland Creek sewer line to North Main Street.
- The Loading Dock: a co-working facility in the former warehouse at 525 South White Street, is under construction. It was built as an office and warehouse for the W.W. Holding Cotton Company and is owned by Bob and Elizabeth Johnson.
No doubt there will be more and more projects added to this list as time goes on. Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or invest in commercial real estate, Kima Commercial’s expert team is prepared with up-to-date market knowledge and skills to ensure you reach your goals.